Permethrin is an insecticide that is a synthetic replica of the natural insecticide pyrethrum which is derived from the flowers of the daisy chrysanthemum. Permethrin was developed and tested by the U.S. military for use on uniforms. Contains the same active ingredient used in hair shampoos for head lice.
When Permethrin is applied to clothing, bed nets, tents or gear the treated fabric repels or kills biting insects including mosquitoes that may carry Zika Virus, West Nile virus or Malaria and ticks that may carry Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
When Permethrin dries, it bonds to the cloth fiber or mesh netting and is odorless and non-staining. Permethrin is water based, biodegradable and virtually non-toxic to humans, with no systemic effects reported.
When Permethrin treated clothing is used in conjunction with a DEET insect repellent on exposed skin, nearly 100% protection against disease causing mosquitoes and ticks can be achieved. Ideal choice to offer protection from mosquito bites which may cause Zika Virus.
- For use on clothing, tents or netting
- Safe to use on natural or synthetic fibers
- Completely safe to use on children's clothing
- Odorless When Dry
- Offers up to 6 weeks of protection or through 6 launderings
- 16 oz. Trigger Spray which treats: 4 sets of clothing
- 1 set of clothing = 1 long sleeved shirt, 1 pair of pants and 1 pair of socks