by New Tribe
This saddle is named for Tim "Tengu" Kovar, Master Tree Climbing Instructor and founder of Tree Climbing Planet. Tim wants a saddle as lightweight and as quiet and comfortable as possible without sacrificing safety. These factors are important to a climber who wears his saddle while hiking into rough forestland, spends a lot of nights sleeping in his saddle, and wants to be ready for complicated rigging and rescue maneuvers. He also wants to vanish into his surroundings by keeping his visual and audio impact low. The Tengu saddle combines new features in new ways to deliver all these benefits.
- The padding on the Tengu is the same foam density that we use on our Arborist Saddles, providing great support without restricting movement.
- The side D rings on the belt and the sliding D ring on the leg strap bridge are soft structures that trim the weight and reduce noise. They are built of the same 6000 lb parachute webbing that forms the life-safety strength of all New Tribe saddles.
- The color is black, diminishing visual impact
- three soft gear loops, one on each side and one at the back
- a carabiner loop behind each side gear loop
- soft side Ds
- two gaps on the belt webbing that can carry small gear bags like New Tribe Climb Buckets, or additional carabiners
- adjustable size for universal fit.
- quick-release buckles, making it easier to put on the saddle, or to open the leg straps for bathroom convenience.
- two accessory loops, one on each leg strap. These little loops come in handy for a variety of applications, since whatever you put there will be within easy reach: small gear bag, handsaw, water bottle, camera bag. It is a quick place to tie the other end of your rope when double-end climbing.
- the soft floating D on the leg strap bridge glides smoothly when you shift from one side to the other. If you place the apex of your delta screw link into the floating D, it grabs the Delta tighter to prevent it from rotating as you climb.